For every mood and every day, there is a jean, a jacket, a skirt or shirt.
The humble workwear fabric gets an upgrade this season – Fashion has ripped up the denim rulebook, and with fresh ideas (tailoring, military jackets, shirtdresses) and lavish new details (shearling, cutwork, crystals), the blues are on winning form.
We’re in the midst of an incredibly fun and adventurous denim moment, when anything—from shredded to dark-wash, low-slung, or high-waisted, and even patched or bedazzled—goes. We want it all!
1. FENDI total look (fendi.com)
2. SAINT LAURENT studded denim gilet (ysl.com)
3. FILLES A PAPA ‘Arsene’ eyelet embellished jeans (fillesapapa.com)
4. ASHISH total look (ashish.co.uk)
5. CHRISTOPHER KANE decades floral denim shorts
6. MM6 MAISON MARGIELA look (maisonmargiela.com)
7. IAN BERRY – Debbie Harry Denim Portrait (denimu.com)
8. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN – Born in the U.S.A.
9. CHLOÉ total look (chloe.com)
10. LEVI’S PROJECT Denim Jacket by Vivienne Westwood, 1982
11. SAM HASKINS for Levi’s, 1970s
12. STELLA MCCARTNEY patchwork design jeans (stellamccartney.com)
Moodboard & Text by Irene Pazzanese