THE TWENTIETH CENTURY, A PERIOD OF TRANSFORMATION AND REVOLUTION, HAS BEEN CHARACTERIZED BY DIFFERENT ARTISTIC AND CULTURAL MOVEMENTS THAT LEFT AN INDELIBLE MARK IN OUR SOCIETY.
The Art and Crafts was one of these movement – today alive more than ever.
This artistic movement, distinguished by the decorative taste, cultured and refined, was founded by William Morris, whose main purpose was the exploitation of the decorative arts extolling crafts.
Fashion and design relive the past with the shapes and colors that characterized the last century, through elaborate fabrics, lace and floral patterns.
William Morris, Dante Gabriel Rossetti, John Ruskin, Walter Crane, Charles Robert Ashbee, Sarah Applebaum
Dolce&Gabbana, Mary Katrantzou, Stella Jean, Balmain, Dries Van Noten, Valentino
Missoni Home, Nodus, ABC Italia, Casalini, Ralph Lauren Home,
1. Light, Rothschild & Bickers (rothschildbickers.com)
2. Bag, Paula Cademartori fall/winter 2014/2015 (paulacademartori.com)
3. Plate, Seletti (seletti.it)
4. Book, Manual of gardening by L. H. Bailey, 1914
5. Boots, Versace fall/winter 2014/2015 (versace.com)
6. Total look, Léonard fall/winter 2014/2015 (leonard-paris.fr)
7. Total look, Givenchy fall/winter 2014/2015 (givenchy.com)
8. Total look, Mary Katrantzou fall/winter 2014/2015 (marykatrantzou.com)
9. Necklace, Alexander McQueen fall/winter 2014/2015 (alexandermcqueen.com)
10. Bag, Dolce & Gabbana fall/winter 2014/2015 (dolcegabbana.it)
11. Cover album, Craft of the lost art by Shape of Broad Minds (jneirojarel.com)
12. Necklace, Louis Comfort Tiffany, 1904 (tiffany.com)
13. Artwork, Under the surface by Becci Ridsdel (beccyridsdel.co.uk)
14. Bell jar, Bhs (bhs.co.uk)
15. Artwork, Suspension by Ana Teresa Barboza (anateresabarboza.blogspot.com)
16. Armchair, The Hobo Society (hobosociety.com)
Text: Barbara Centazzo