THIS SEASON MARKS THE INCREASING MEETING OF NATURE AND TECHNOLOGY, AS WE LEARN TO LIVE IN THE NEW DEFINING AGE OF DUALITY
The future belongs to the nature smart and those who understand her transformative power, while seamlessly balancing the virtual and the real simultaneously.
Meanwhile Nature takes us on a journey, inspiring a new aesthetic for both color and print: surfaces mimic intricate tortoise shells, reflecting both the beauty of the natural world, as well as highlighting the slow nature of the animal, which ties in well with the philosophy of this theme. This aesthetic is submerged in silence. Slow down and stop rushing!
Nature is being projected into digital dimensions, as seen with Flowerium: an iPhone/iPad application that invites the user to sow seeds and witness the growth of digital plants.
Carole Collet of TRFC predicts a resilient future where plants will be capable of producing fruits and fabrics simultaneously, like “strawberry noir” the strawberry plant that could grow biolace from its roots.
Massoud Hassani, Kirstie Van Noort, Dorothea Prühl and Taylor Gilbert
Domingos Tótora, Tauba Auerbach and Matti Braun
Upstream Colors by Shane Carruth (2013): A new kind of storytelling, a series of seemingly disjointed scenes, emotional landscapes and close up textures.
Suuns “Images du future”, Julia Holter “In The Same Room”, Errors “Grangehaven”, Taken by Trees “Dreams”, The XX “Unfold”
1. total look Chloé fall winter 14/15 (chloe.com)
2. artist Tauba Auerbach (taubaauerbach.com)
3. hand made molded design by Domingos Totora (domingostotora.com)
4. Loose fit printed shirt dress by Maison Martin Margiela (maisonmartinmargiela.com)
5. total look Veronique Leroy fall winter 14/15 (veroniqueleroy.com)
6. detail from fall winter14/15 Chloé catwalk (chloe.com)
7. “Mine Kafon”, 2010 by Massoud Hassani (massoudhassani.blogspot.com)
8. detail from fall winter14/15 Bottega Veneta catwalk (bottegaveneta.com)
9. zig zag knitted coat by Missoni (missoni.com)
10. Fendi medium “2 Jours” tote bag (fendi.com)
11. Images du Futur by Suuns, album cover
12. total look Bottega Veneta fall winter 14/15 (bottegaveneta.com)
13. Matti Braun, R.T. / S.R. / V.S. (Exhibition view, Liechtenstein, 2009)
14. Lanvin stone wood box clutch (lanvin.com)
15. Kirstie Van Noort’s beautiful ceramics (kirstievannoort.nl)
16. Missoni color block knitted dress (missoni.com)
1. total look Maiyet fall/winter 14/15 (maiyet.com)
2. total look Stella McCartney fall/winter 14/15 (stellamccartney.com)
3. Tauba Auerbach, “Bent Onyx”, 2012 (taubaauerbach.com)
4. total look Veronique Leroy fall winter 14/15 (veroniqueleroy.com)
5. Carole Collet’s biolace strawberry noir (carolecollet.com)
6. Junya Watanabe patchwork jacket (comme-des-garcons.com)
7. Kenzo “broken floor” knit dress (kenzo.com)
8. “Mine Kafon”, 2010 by Massoud Hassani (massoudhassani.blogspot.com)
9. Proenza Schouler large “lunch” clutch (proenzaschouler.com)
10. detail from fall winter14/15 Bottega Veneta catwalk (bottegaveneta.com)
11. Valentino Garavani feather brogues (valentino.com)
12. still from “Uprstream Color”, film by Shane Carruth 2013
13. crocodile skin effect printed boxy dress (cedric-charlier.com)
14. Dreams by Taken by Trees, album cover
15. Carven seascape printed coat (carven.com)
Moodboard and text: Irene Pazzanese