400 ml of coconut milk (2 cans)
170 gr of raw cane sugar
1 tspn of vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt
1. In a high-sided saucepan mix together the sugar and the vanilla extract. Then add the 400 ml of coconut milk (which must have been in the refrigerator for at least 10 hours before it is used, and use only the “fat” part, that is, the thick part on the top) and the salt.
2. Cook everything over a medium heat for about 30– 40 minutes, until the contents of the saucepan have been reduced by a half.
3. Meanwhile, prepare a baking tin lined with parchment paper, and when the caramel is ready, pour it into the tin, levelling it out.*
4. As soon as the caramel begins to set, grind some sea salt over the surface and leave it to rest until it has completely solidified.
5. When the slab has completely cooled and set, cut the surface with a knife in the shapes and sizes desired. Then cut out the caramels using a pair of kitchen scissors.
6. Wrap the caramel candies individually and store them in a cool, dry place.
*Please note: the caramel mixture solidifies very quickly