ON HALLOWEEN’S NIGHT OF 2008 I MET FLAVIE AND CLAYTON WEBSTER FOR THE FIRST TIME, “UN OFFICIALLY”, IN THE BACKYARD OF THEIR OLD CERRE STORE IN HOLLYWOOD. I WAS DRESSED UP AS A FRENCH MAN AND PLAYING THE PART.
They actually did think I was a young boy and, protected by my new identity, I was able to stare at Flavie’s stoic mannerism outbursting in warm laughs and enjoy Clayton’s sweet presence and hilarious sense of humor. I was smitten. The way they complement one another daily, both in their ten year love story and working side by side creating ravishing pieces of clothing, is the reason why to me they’re A Beautiful Tandem.
Flavie and Clayton, former models, husband and wife, are the founders and designers of Cerre an expression “of some things we wanted, but we couldn’t find anywhere”. The looks for Rooney Mara in the movie ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’ were created by this Beautiful Tandem.
They spend their time between their store and atelier on Melrose in West Hollywood and their home in Los Feliz. On weekends, when they’re not escaping from Los Angeles on getaways in the desert, they can easily be found at Café Figaro, where they go for brunches that end up turning into late night dinners and drinks surrounded by friends.
A BEAUTIFUL PLACE
• City: Los Angeles.
• Restaurant: Robert et Louise, Paris.
• Café: Figaro Cafe, Los Feliz (Los Angeles).
• Bar: Jumbos.
• Clothing store: Scout LA.
• Design store: the souk in Marrakech.
• Museum: CAPC, Bordeaux.
• Hotel: I’ll be with Clayton.
• Holiday spot: Bali.
• Spa: The Parker, Palm Springs.
• City: Barcelona.
• Restaurant: My own kitchen, I love to cook.
• Caffè: Figaro Cafe, Los Feliz (Los Angeles).
• Bar: Wreck Deck, Bocas Del Toro (Panama).
• Clothing store: T-Shirts from Scout LA, Jeans from THVM, boots from Maxfield and leathers from you know who.
• Design store: Fujiya Avic, a Kraut / Psych record store Tokyo.
• Museum: PS1 New York.
• Hotel: stay with firends.
• Holiday spot: Kauai.
• Spa – boring, boring, boring!